Best Books for Designing With Care
Feb 14, 2023
Design a better world for everyone with the Compassionate Design book pack. Start creating kinder, more intentional and accessible design with these five titles:
- Eva PenzeyMoog’s Design for Safety is a necessary read for anyone seeking to identify a design’s potential for abuse. Learn how to avoid and mitigate damage, and how to bake safety into every step of the design process.
- David Dylan Thomas’ Design for Cognitive Bias helps conscientious designers harness biases for good. Come along on a whirlwind tour of the cognitive biases that encroach on our lives and our work, and learn to start designing more mindfully.
- Senongo Akpem’s Cross-Cultural Design prepares us to meet the needs, perspectives, and expectations of multifaceted, multicultural audiences—through a clear methodology including socially conscious research, building culturally responsive experiences, and more.
- Eric Meyer and Sara Wachter-Boettcher’s Design for Real Life provides practical frameworks for identifying stress cases and designing with compassion, so you can create experiences that support more of your users, more of the time.
- Aarron Walters’ Designing for Emotion offers inspiring guidance through the principles of designing for humans, and addresses newer challenges that have emerged for web professionals tasked with reaching an ever-shifting audience.