You Should Write a Book
foreword by Adora Nwodo
Adding your voice to the conversation leads to a stronger, more inclusive tech industry.
Writing a book is a career milestone that only the most elite professionals and thought leaders can achieve—right? Wrong! With the right combination of preparation, commitment, and ambition, anyone can (and should) share their professional expertise in a book. Adding your voice to the conversation leads to a stronger, more inclusive tech industry.
Whether you want to work with a publisher or on your own, Katel LeDû and Lisa Maria Marquis walk you through crafting a stellar proposal, break down the reality of writing and editing a manuscript, and demystify the marketing and publishing process—so when you’re ready to contribute, you’ll know what to expect.
This book explores:
- Developing a unique perspective to address a specific audience with your book topic
- How to find the right publishing path for your book
- Steps for getting organized and keeping up momentum during drafting
- Frameworks for editing your own work (and what to expect when working with an editor)
- How to develop a practical, manageable marketing plan to fit you and your book