You Deserve a Tech Union
foreword by Clarissa Redwine
By standing together, we can build a better version of the tech industry.
Note: THIS PAPERBACK SHIPS 7-10 DAYS FROM ORDER DATE.
Select an Option
There’s a resurgent labor movement in the tech industry. Tech workers—designers, engineers, writers, and many others—have learned that when they stand together, they’re poised to build a better version of the tech industry. They haven’t stopped there: at companies from Kickstarter to Google, workers have formed unions. And you should, too.
But what are unions? And why do they matter? Ethan Marcotte answers these questions through extensive research and by interviewing tech workers with real-world union-building experience. Ethan shares these workers’ insights and stories, weaving them together to outline the process for forming a union of your very own. Because you—yes, you—deserve a tech union.
* We want to make sure cost isn’t a barrier to accessing this book. If you’re able to pay full price, we deeply appreciate your support. But if you need it, please use the code UNION to save 50% off the retail price.
If you need any additional pricing accommodations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This book explores:
- What it means to be a “tech worker,” and what it means to do tech work
- A brief history of worker-led activism, inside and outside the tech industry
- What unions are, why they matter, and how they function
- An overview of how to form a union in the United States
- How to use unions to build a more sustainable future for tech work and tech workers