Practical Pair Programming
foreword by Kelly Vaughn
Dive into pair programming with confidence and trust.
Note: Briefs are available in paperback via our print-on-demand service, so they ship separately from Standard paperbacks.
Select an Option
Two heads are better than one, especially when it comes to large, mission-critical software projects. Whether you’re just starting out as a developer or curious about pair programming, Jason Garber’s hands-on guide takes the mystery out of effective pairing. You’ll learn what good pair programming looks like, how to be a better pairing partner, and how to explain the benefits of pair programming to skeptics at your organization. Walk into your next pairing session confident and prepared for the adventure ahead.
- What good pair programming is (and isn’t), and how to do it conscientiously.
- How pair programming promotes personal growth and fulfillment, and improves team cohesion and collaboration.
- How to get started—deciding when to pair and how to share time, space, and power.
- How to create the ideal pair programming hardware and software setups—whether in-person or virtual.
- How to get buy-in for pair programming within your team and at your company.