Practical Pair Programming
foreword by Kelly Vaughn
Dive into pair programming with confidence and trust.
Select an Option
Two heads are better than one, especially when it comes to large, mission-critical software projects. Whether you’re just starting out as a developer or curious about pair programming, Jason Garber’s hands-on guide takes the mystery out of effective pairing. You’ll learn what good pair programming looks like, how to be a better pairing partner, and how to explain the benefits of pair programming to skeptics at your organization. Walk into your next pairing session confident and prepared for the adventure ahead.
This book explores:
- What good pair programming is (and isn’t)
- Techniques to support personal growth and improve team cohesion through pairing
- Criteria for deciding when to pair and how to share time, space, and power
- Ideal hardware and software setups for pairing, whether in-person or remote
- Convincing your team to adopt pair programming practices
Practical Pair Programming demystifies the logistics, benefits, and challenges of pair programming. It’s a must-read for teams new to the methodology pair programming and great for veterans of the practice, too.Joe MoorePrincipal software engineering manager at VMware Pivotal Labs
A practical handbook for developers everywhere! Jason’s book is full of great tips on how to master the art of pair programming.Rachel DaviesAuthor of Agile Coaching
- ISBN: 978-1-937557-95-9
- Paperback: 59 pages
- Published: Jul 14, 2020