Practical Pair Programming
foreword by Kelly Vaughn
Dive into pair programming with confidence and trust.
Note: Briefs are available in paperback via our print-on-demand service, so they ship separately from Standard paperbacks.
Select an Option
Two heads are better than one, especially when it comes to large, mission-critical software projects. Whether you’re just starting out as a developer or curious about pair programming, Jason Garber’s hands-on guide takes the mystery out of effective pairing. You’ll learn what good pair programming looks like, how to be a better pairing partner, and how to explain the benefits of pair programming to skeptics at your organization. Walk into your next pairing session confident and prepared for the adventure ahead.
What’s in this Book?
- Learn what good pair programming is (and isn’t), and how to do it conscientiously
- Explore how pairing supports personal growth and improves team cohesion and collaboration
- Identify when to pair and how to share time, space, and power
- Discover how to create the ideal pairing hardware and software setups—whether in-person or virtual
- Prepare to get buy-in for pair programming within your team and at your company
Who should read this book?
- Folks new to pair programming
- Developers who haven’t had much exposure to XP practices, but have heard enough to be curious
- Managers trying to establish pairing programs in their organizations
- Students working through code bootcamps as well as higher ed coursework