Practical Pair Programming
foreword by Kelly Vaughn
Dive into pair programming with confidence and trust.
Buy the Ebook
Shop the Paperback
Two heads are better than one, especially when it comes to large, mission-critical software projects. Whether you’re just starting out as a developer or curious about pair programming, Jason Garber’s hands-on guide takes the mystery out of effective pairing. You’ll learn what good pair programming looks like, how to be a better pairing partner, and how to explain the benefits of pair programming to skeptics at your organization. Walk into your next pairing session confident and prepared for the adventure ahead.
This book explores:
- What good pair programming is (and isn’t)
- Techniques to support personal growth and improve team cohesion through pairing
- Criteria for deciding when to pair and how to share time, space, and power
- Ideal hardware and software setups for pairing, whether in-person or remote
- Convincing your team to adopt pair programming practices