SEO for Everyone
foreword by Sarah Winters
Select an Option
As the web has matured, so have search engines, algorithms, and marketing practices meant to attract pageviews. Modern SEO isn’t about delivering traffic for traffic’s sake—it’s about helping real people find the right information, at the right time, and in the right place.
In this practical, illuminating book, Rebekah Baggs and Chris Corak make the case that SEO plays a central role not just in search rankings, but in delivering an excellent user experience. After all, most interactions don’t begin on our carefully crafted homepages, but on a list of search results—and only by connecting our efforts in content, design, development, and search optimization can we create a truly human-centered web that supports users throughout their entire journey.
- The history of SEO, how it got a bad rap, and how to make it better
- The importance of satisfying users’ search intent with meaningful content
- Investigating search behaviors as part of user research and discovery
- Integrating SEO considerations into your design and development processes
- How to avoid snake-oil practices and invest in holistic, human-centered SEO