foreword by Chetana Deorah
Successfully welcome new users and authentically entice them to keep coming back.
Select an Option
When users try your product for the first time, what keeps them coming back? Onboarding can make the difference between abandoned accounts and devoted use—if we design it as a holistic, ongoing process.
Krystal Higgins demonstrates how the best onboarding experiences guide people as they interact, helping them follow their own path to success. Gain practical strategies and techniques for designing effective guidance, whether you’re working through a redesign, launching new features, rolling out service updates, or welcoming back returning users. Set aside the tutorials, manuals, and intrusive instructions of the past, and learn how to use guided interaction to help users find their way—and get value out of every step.
This book explores:
- How to effectively greet, engage, and retain customers
- Best practices for mapping users’ onboarding journeys from start to finish
- Bringing research, content, design, and functionality together to support new users
- Steps for breaking down onboarding actions for more efficient implementation
- Techniques for embedding guidance in the context of the full product experience