A Few of Our Favorites: October
Oct 30, 2016
No tricks—only treats in this month’s roundup of favorites:
- An Event Apart’s stellar 2017 schedule is live!
- The Claim the Stage podcast features Lara Hogan—she talks about her new book, first-time speaking stories, and techniques for overcoming public speaking fears.
- Listen now: CBC’s Spark radio show hosts Sara Wachter-Boettcher to discuss why we should design for tech stress.
- On making assumptions about how people will access the web: thoughts from Jeremy Keith.
- Browse this list of 20 Pivotal Books for Designers, including Erika Hall’s Just Enough Research.
- Dan Mall answers design pricing questions and more on Cushion’s Ask a Freelancer podcast.
- Chris Coyier drops all sorts of knowledge in an illustrated guide to SVG `path`, guides you through working with images in CSS, and explains why carousels don’t have to be complicated.
- Rachel Andrew shares her thoughts on the amazing women of CSS.
- On A List Apart, Eric Meyer shares recent work on An Event Apart’s redesign using CSS Shapes.
- On progressively enhanced storytelling and The Verge redesign, from Mandy Brown.
- The Responsive Web Design podcasts hosts guests from Creative Review, Digital Ocean, and Habita.
- LinkedIn’s top professionals under 35 includes Lara Hogan for expanding the reach of software!