A Few of Our Faves: January 6
Jan 06, 2016
Happy new year, we’re so happy you’re here! And now, for our first roundup of favorite things in 2016:
- As Ethan and Karen so eloquently note: RWD EOY OMG (a podcast episode recapping the highlights of 2015).
- Equally simply put, “The Year in Design,” from Jeffrey Zeldman.
- On Dear Design Student: Dealing with an absent decision maker during times of review, and more.
- From last year, but ever-timely, “More Weight Doesn’t Mean More Wait,” from Scott Jehl.
- Aarron Walter explains the importance of research and designing with emotion, in an interview with Dorm Room Tycoon (drt.fm).
- On the MS Dev Show podcast, Karen McGrane talks about the responsive web design process.
- Jeffrey Zeldman writes, “Of Patterns and Power: Web Standards Then and Now,” asking us to think about how we deal with the increasingly slippery digital ground beneath us.
- Reader-friend Simon Pan says this is the only UX reading list you might ever need! And, yes, we’re on it (blush).
- Even though the wonderful Pastry Box Project has closed, you can still lose yourself in their lovely stream of content.