Our Favorite Indie Bookstores + Yours...?
Aug 10, 2020
📚 So, Indie Bookstore Day was postponed from April to August—but really, what is time anymore? One thing we’re sure of: we just didn’t want to let it pass without giving a few of our favorite bookstores some virtual love.
And if you’ve got an indie bookstore close to your heart, share it with us on Twitter or Instagram!
- Lara Hogan loves Community in Brooklyn and Ada’s in Seattle. These look dreamy.
- In Washington, DC, Dan Brown loves visiting Kramerbooks and Politics and Prose. Is there anything better than a bookstore with a café?
- Aarron Walter recommends browsing and shopping local in Athens, GA at Avid bookshop. Another must-see is the quaint Books are Magic in Brooklyn.
- Philadelphia is home to a bunch of lovely indie bookshops—one of the most beloved is Sara Wachter-Boettcher’s favorite, Headhouse Books.
- In Boston, you might find Ethan Marcotte perusing the shelves at Harvard Bookstore, All She Wrote Books, Trident Booksellers & Cafe, Book Rack or Papercuts. They look darling and we want to go.
- Erika Hall loves Green Apple Books in San Francisco—right next to Golden Gate Park!
- Perhaps an unknown secret to some, Chris Coyier knows there’s a gem of a bookstore in the Milwaukee airport—at Renaissance Book Shop!
- Mat Marquis is a major fan of the amazing Porter Square Books.
- Scott Kubie can’t live without Magers & Quinn.
- In the heart of Queens, Senongo Akpem recommends the Astoria Book Shop and you can snag some of their books online.
- David Dylan Thomas hearts Uncle Bobbies and if you’re in the mood to peruse the comics he recommends Amalgam in Philly.
- If you find yourself in North England, Rachel Andrew loves the fab Barter Books and her fav in Bristol is the cutest Story Smith.
- CEO Katel LeDû lives just around the corner from her personal favorite Harriett’s Bookshop—who are shipping all their amazing titles!
Shop our indie bookstore any time online.