Indie Bookstores We Love
May 03, 2018
We love a book holiday! Saturday was Indie Bookstore Day and we couldn’t help spending a little time swooning over some of our favorite spots. Have you been to any of these?
- Lara Hogan loves Community in Brooklyn and Ada’s in Seattle. These look dreamy.
- In Washington, DC, Dan Brown loves visiting Kramerbooks and Politics and Prose. Is there anything better than a bookstore with a café?
- Aarron Walter recommends browsing and shopping local in Athens, GA at Avid bookshop. Textbook rentals? Yes, please.
- Philadelphia is home to a bunch of lovely indie bookshops—one of the most beloved is Sara Wachter-Boettcher’s favorite, Head House Books.
- In Boston, you might find Ethan Marcotte perusing the shelves at Porter Square Books or Papercuts. They look darling and we want to go.
- Erika Hall loves Green Apple Books in San Francisco—right next to Golden Gate Park!
- Perhaps an unknown secret to some, Chris Coyier knows there’s a gem of a bookstore in the Milwaukee airport—at Renaissance Book Shop!
- CEO Katel LeDû can’t help admire other online indie bookstores and publishers, and she’s a big fan of Melville House. One day she’ll make it to their shop in Brooklyn!
Shop our indie bookstore any time online.