Feb 17, 2018
Update: Thank you to everyone who applied; the response to this post has been great! Applications are now closed.
We publish brief books for people who design, write, and code—with over thirty titles (and counting!), we’re continuing to expand our library—and that means we need help!
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Marketing and Operations Assistant. As an ideal candidate, you bring excellent organizational skills and a passion for publishing. You have experience setting up and sending newsletter emails, actively follow trends in social media, and feel comfortable in a (basic!) Excel spreadsheet. As a member of a small team, you’ll succeed if you’re proactive and willing to jump in, even when you don’t know the answer.
This is a paid, freelance gig estimated to consume in the neighborhood of 15–20 hours a month. Perks include free books, working with a fun team, and plenty of opportunity for job growth. We are an entirely remote team, so you can work from anywhere—and individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
- Manage social media accounts (specifically Twitter and Facebook) and content publishing using Buffer.
- Coordinate email campaigns, promotions, and broadcasts using our email service provider, Drip.
- Set up and manage ongoing email campaigns based on our marketing strategies.
- Organize and package digital product assets for book launches.
- Generate and maintain reporting for sales performance, marketing analytics, inventory management, and cross-catalog unit sales.
- Prepare quarterly royalty statements and sales reports for distribution to authors.
To apply, introduce yourself via email@example.com and include your resume, cover letter, and any relevant places we can get to know you online. In your email, please also share responses to the following:
What is your favorite company email newsletter you’ve subscribed to recently, and what do you like about it?
What book have you or are you reading first this year, and why did you select it?