A Few of Our Faves: January 12
Jan 12, 2015
New year, loads of new favorite things!
- Check out the latest from our friends at A List Apart: articles “From Empathy to Advocacy” and “The Core Model: Designing Inside Out for Better Results,” and a column on “The Challenge for the Tiny Global Business.”
- Find out where and when to attend An Event Apart in 2015 with their updated events calendar.
- Following up to her stellar Code of Conduct work for OpenNews’ first conference, SRCCON, Erin Kissane explores “Talking and Listening About Conduct.”
- Karen McGrane proposes a content strategy for Codes of Conduct.
- On the Responsive Web Design podcast, Ethan Marcotte and Karen McGrane critically discuss how responsive design saved Christmas.
- Jeffrey Zeldman wrapped up last year with poignant thoughts in his posts, “Unexamined Privilege Is the Real Source of Cruelty in Facebook’s ‘Your Year in Review,’” and “Designer Blindness.”
- In his new book, “How They Got There: Interviews With Digital Designers About Their Careers,” designer Khoi Vinh interviews Dan Cederholm, Erika Hall, and Karen McGrane.